Best food for cichlids?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

real

AC Members
May 28, 2012
Greater Sacramento
Real Name
Cyrus Javan
So I got my green Terror and Texas cichlid in my 55 and I'm wondering what kind of food to feed them. Right now I have frozen beef heart, blood worms, and brine Shrimp. Then for sry food I have hikari cichlid gold in the second biggest size. Also for live food I have some wax worms I feed to my box turtle so I think they could also eat that. Any additions I should know about or any secret food you guys use to get growth and color :) Any advice is helpful.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
I use Hikari Bio-gold and I am very happy with it. I switched from the regular gold and my fish colored up even more and had a large growth spurt. Now he is back on regular Hikari Gold because Bio-Gold doesn't come in a large enough size.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Earthworms are excellent food.

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
New Life Spectrum. IMO is the best prepared food on the market. I use it exclusively as my only prepared dry food. That and frozen foods..

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I, presonally, vary the diet..I use different flake food, pellets, bloodworms, etc.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
For my rams I use NLS, frozen bloodworms, frozen brineshrimp, live blackworms, occasionally some frozen mysis, they also sometimes take omega one shrimp pellets meant for some of my other bottom dwellers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store