got2envy's Riparium 30 x 18 x 12

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Ok so I have tried my hand at planted tanks before and epic failed, so I decided I had an empty shallow wide tank that would be perfect for a riparium...and so it begins.

Here is the tank...it was a shallow nano reef at one time.
It was made by a friend. Bakers racks are very popular in the poison dart frog scene...each shelf can hold 200lbs...great for the MTS lol

30 x 18 x 12

My poison dart frog viv on the left and my Shanjing emeperor newts on the right top

bottom has 2 10g grow out tanks for my tadpoles but they are empty now and will probably be filled soon

Got some stuff done today..I kinda just threw the river rock in there until I purchase a nice piece of wood.
I ordered a smaller heater...this one is way to long :/ and a larger filter too.

I also hung the light (comes with hanging equipment) double T12 6500k...black shop light, it grows the plants in my vivs very well! low heat, low cost and so I will try it out :)

I ordered Hydropytes kits and he sending me a few plants...I live in an area where there are plant nurseries everywhere so i am gonna go have a look one day soon.
Am I missing anything? other than plants lol

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Thanks! The stand is good...many use them for tanks and vivs :) I have used them for a few years now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Finally added some plants...still waiting for my order that I placed on June 7th from freshwateraquariumplants.com no email or anythig and I ordered on June 7th :( I left a voice mail and no call back either.

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
looks really good!
what are you going to stock it with?

any more pics please?:Angel:

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Hello! thanks for stopping in! :)
The only fish i have in there now are 3x Serpae tetras...I want to get at least 8 more. Don't really know what else to add...maybe cory cats and some algae eaters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store