Angelfish companions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
In my search to help a friend find a Blue Angel I really started liking them myself.
However I have 2 BG's in my tank and I heard you can't mix them.
Is this true? And what kinds of fish can go with them?

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Anybody...

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
BG's???
as in blue gourami?

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Yes Blue Gouramis

HybridHerp

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
New York (Long Island)
did you make a post on this on another forum? lol

i'm just going to copy and paste what I have said on a similar subject lol

sorta kinda right

it depends upon the size of your tank. With blue gourami's and any of their color morphs, I would keep either only 1 or a group of at least 4

as far as Angels go, I feel like a lot of people say you can't keep them with certain things because they have never honestly tried. I used to keep my angels with blue gourami's...then my gourami's got eaten by my bichir but that's a different story lol

right now I keep my lone Angel with a bunch of pearl gourami's (which are really pretty in the right lighting btw), some rainbow cichlids, a geophagus brasiliensis, a blood parrot, 2 bichirs, and a pleco, and have plans of adding at least 3 more angels and maybe some livebearers (if the bichirs allow)
I also have a ton of mystery snails and mts with them just to help eat uneaten food (and cause I like snails :p)

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
:) Yes I did ask this question on another forum,haha! I'm an impatient kinda person
and decided to ask in 2 forums and see what everyone says. I have a 75g, the 2bg's, one geophagus steindachneri,9 black phantom tetras and 3 bolivian rams, oh and some petricola's,red BN catfish and a whiptail. Everyone gets along fine, there is no fighting in the tank at all. I just remember reading something last year about the subject of angels and gourami's and it was a no no. I guess it just depends when you introduce them.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
I guess they all have different personalities. I would keep them with fish who they couldn't fit in their mouths of course. They're just so pretty. Are they prone to any diseases more so then other fish?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
If you want to try the combination I suggest you do so with caution and be prepared to move fish as needed.

Angelfish temperament is going to vary from each fish .. I have some very aggressive angels (scalare) that I can't keep with anything..

I've got Altum that continue to school ..it's nice to see them hang out.

there is definitely a Alpha in the bunch as he/she leads the pack.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store