6.6 gallon Petco Bookshelf Aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Callmeconfused

The sad effect of sleep deprivation
Jul 25, 2010
Gainesville, Florida
Real Name
Kimi
Couldn't do my 20 gallon long betta tank, due to a $700 bill for impacted wisdom teeth
Couldn't do my 25 gallon GBR tank because the room I was going to put it in is being renovated.

So, I gave up. Wanted a new tank for my girl, Abba, with a longer footprint and a good base I could put on my desk.

I ordered the Petco Bookshelf Aquarium! New gravel (Caribsea Kon Tiki), some clay pots (drilled and filed down), and a few plants. Definately plan on getting some more plants for her, she loves sleeping on the top leaves of the floating anubias nana (doesn't want to stay down-lol). Not the most natural looking tank, but she seems happy. She is enjoying darting through the clay pots.

Here's the tank on the desk:

And a close up of Abba:

And a FTS:

And an attempt as a FTS, which was overtaken by a 6 lb fuzzball named Spike...she does love her close-ups:

Ta-Da

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
last shot..you have a hairball on the lens...

jlieu

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
Bowling Green, KY
Wow, nice. Never saw such a wide tank like that before. How much are those at Petco? More space for the fish to swim (instead of up and down lol)

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I love those tanks :D It's too bad they're about 50 bucks at my Petco...could definitely find a better deal on a bigger tank used. Acrylic scratches so easily, just be careful! By the time I finished with my Eclipse 12 it was full of scratches. These two factors are what kind of put me off from buying it.

But I do love your tank, very nice! The gravel is perfect, just exactly what I like...small and colorful, but natural :)

jlieu

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
Bowling Green, KY
I love those tanks :D It's too bad they're about 50 bucks at my Petco...could definitely find a better deal on a bigger tank used. Acrylic scratches so easily, just be careful! By the time I finished with my Eclipse 12 it was full of scratches. These two factors are what kind of put me off from buying it.

But I do love your tank, very nice! The gravel is perfect, just exactly what I like...small and colorful, but natural :)
$50 for acrylic? Well...darn. I might have to reconsider this then, LOL. Must find some type of similar sized and shape glassware...

Love the shape though, we are looking to build our dog kennels in a similar rectangular shape to give them running space.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store