Cats!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I was wondering, do your cats watch your fish? Recently I put a 10 gallon in my bedroom... my cat has been laying down on my bed a lot now...

Ace (my cat) also watches all the other tanks/terrariums.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Our cats grew up around fish tanks. They don't pay much attention to them for the most part.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
One of my wifes cats likes to lay on the lights. As soon as she sees me she jumps down for the most part.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
one of my cat's Nyx she watches the fish tanks all the time..loves sitting in front of them and "quacks" at them when they get closer to her, if we are doing water changes or anything in the tanks she comes running to watch!

She gets super excited when we bring bags of water home from the fish store and begs to see whats in them!

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
Mine like to watch my fish. I also have one that likes to lay on the aquarium hood of my 10 gallon betta sorority (it's warm up there when the light is on- she also runs when she sees me.) Occasionally they'll stalk the fish that are in tanks on lower stands, and swat at the glass when the fish are swimming by until I tell them to knock it off, or lay in my chair and watch the goldfish swimming around. They do the same thing to my TV, though, and they like to stare at birds at the bird bath outside my back window.

Boomer23

AC Members
May 24, 2012
one of my cat's Nyx she watches the fish tanks all the time..loves sitting in front of them and "quacks" at them when they get closer to her, if we are doing water changes or anything in the tanks she comes running to watch!

She gets super excited when we bring bags of water home from the fish store and begs to see whats in them!

My cat Boomer does the same thing, i gave him a little seat so he can watch all day, when i feed the fish he
likes to watch them eat. He likes to stalk them as well and paw at them when theu swim by but he doesnt cause any harm, my one big angelfish fights back nd its pretty amusing. He does sit on top because it is warm nd is always watching me when im working on the tanks too, hes a character ill tell ya, so entertained by the fish just like his father lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
^ same here but since we setup the 55g with no real sitting room around it my cat doesn't look much. When my girlfriends 55g is setup in the bedroom on the dresser with plenty of walkong room around it I'm sure we will never see her when we are out in the living room. She never pita her claws out but she loves pawing at the fish

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
one of my cats has a stool that is by the tank, she lays on the stool all the time and either watches my fish or watches the door ( as my tank is right by the door ) ill get a pic in a bit. shes also knocked my tank light in to... she jumps on my tank ( open top ) and i yell at her all the time.... she will learn one of these days.... i dont care that she watches the fish, but jumping on the tank is when she crosses the line.... i am very strict about my tanks lol.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Yes he does. I used to have a coffee table tank that he would lie on or around constantly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store