Angelfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
i need a way to breed my freshwater koi angelfish anyone know how?
Angelfish pair off so if you have two that form a pair lay some flat rock in there at an angle and if they start cleaning it then they will lay eggs on it. What were you wondering specifically?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the Monster Aquaria Network app

HeartsDaphnia

AC Members
Jun 6, 2012
In general, you won't really be able to tell the genders apart unless you see them spawn. Yes, they can breed in there. You can identify a pair because they will hang out together, be aggressive to other angels, and lay eggs.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
In general, you won't really be able to tell the genders apart unless you see them spawn. Yes, they can breed in there. You can identify a pair because they will hang out together, be aggressive to other angels, and lay eggs.
Yup all that is left is the waiting game. Sometimes they don't pair up until they're a year old but it can happen much sooner especially of you take good care of them. you will know when they spawn because they will clean the place they are going to lay eggs. Keep an eye out. Sometimes 2 females will pair up and that leads to no fertilized eggs. If that happens just separate one of them and they will pair off again. I don't think you will have to worry about that though having 12 fish unless you have an overwhelming percentage of one gender.

Moght help to do some searching on how to tell their genders. You can only tell when they're spawning and it is by the shape of their tubes (spawning tubes? Forget what they're called but it's what comes out to drop eggs and sperm)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store