What SA or CA to breed in a 55 gallon tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zmkm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2011
Hello, I have a 55 gallon community tank with a few BN plecos, corycats, orange mollies and a few angelfish. Now I am thinking to add a pair or two of colorful SA or CA into the tank, and hopefully can breed them. So I prefer some colorful cichlids which are not too diffucult to breed and not too aggressive. I breed blue rams in another 29 gallon tank so would like something different. I thought discus would be a good choice but heard that they need high quality water and not very easy to breed? ALso, LFS is selling some nice red servrum but it's very pricy and I heard that they are infertile due to inline bred? I may get a pair of discus or servrum but would like to hear other options. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated! thanks!​

japbart

AC Members
Jun 9, 2012
Have you looked at Honduran red points? They're very colorful specially when they reach their max size. And they're not as aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Pretty much any of the genus of Thorichthys would work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store