Stupid trees

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
It'll buff out...for $10k.

And yeah, it's a Madza. Love that car, it's all decked out with leather seats, seat heaters, etc. Gonna be hard to replace if I have to.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Ouch man. How did it feel getting screwed by... Well nevermind I can understand it might be a tough subject XD

Hope it turns out well for ya and your insurance hooks you up with a good car if they total out your current one

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Ouch!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Many years ago I was in a car accident with an unlicensed uninsured motorist. I had just finished college and had my first professional job. I had zippo money. My car was a 7 year old toyota tercel...but paid for. It was damaged very badly, but driveable. Of course my insurance company wanted to total the car. I begged and pleaded and got letters from mchanics saying the car could be made safe to drive. They Came just short of totaling it. I was able to get it fixed to the point that I could drive it for a little bit longer. Otherwise...I would have been screwed for sure. So, just saying....sometimes there is a little wiggle room.

And RB stole my line!!! OUCH!!

Bushkill

Registered Member
Dec 1, 2011
Bushkill, PA
Real Name
Angelo
I whacked a deer on I80 at 65MPH this past march in my itty-bitty Hyundai Accent. Under 4 years old at the time with a 5 year loan. It wasn't pretty, and it could've been so much worse for me and others. So in that sense I felt relieved.

When my head finally came out of the clouds I settled into "worry about money mode". The car had 140K on it and I was sure they'd total it. The estimate came in at just under $6K. The car only cost $13K new. I was sure I was gonna have to eat a big old chunk of that loan. Somehow they didn't total it, and I didn't have to beg or even call them. Was somebody's calculator not working right that day? I dunno, and I didn't ask.

So don't be surprised if they fix it. Used car prices are silly these days, so it just may work out OK. If you can document all the $ you put into it, that may help your case some too.

But if the car was parked and a tree hit it, I'd be looking into homeowners' insurance. Either yours or wherever the car was parked. Not 100% sure, but worth asking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store