Solid betta food?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

battered

AC Members
Mar 20, 2012
Birmingham, AL
What seems to be the consensus? Looking for pellets - also looking for smaller container/serving sizes because I don't need a lot of it. New Life Spectrum and Omega One seem solid, but I'm worried about people saying they don't float. I currently have an aqueon brand type in a yellow container and it seems to do okay...just wondering if there was something better. Thanks!

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
See if HBH has a betta food. I see there line of food for my fish and am extremely happy.

Jumko

AC Members
Jun 18, 2004
Jersey
Visit site
Real Name
Patrick
Attison's Betta PRO is the best out there in my opinion (pink cap, not blue). I've heard of breeders using the stuff exclusively to condition bettas instead of live/frozen foods. I believe it's only sold on the international betta congress site, however.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Betta granules I used aqueon which floats for several seconds then sinks, when not eating frozen stuff my betta mostly eats NLS granule size cichlid formula now since hes living with my ram's and its what they eat. I don't know if the NLS Betta formula floats longer but the cichlid one doesn't float long at all.

GuppyMan

AC Members
Nov 9, 2008
New Jersey
Real Name
Trevor
I know that HBH makes two pellets, a floating and a sinking. If that helps ya at all. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store