2 platys and 1 swordtail... with 3 tiger barbs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tire

AC Members
Feb 17, 2004
College Station, TX
Visit site
how do you think they should get along?

they have only been in the tank for a few hours, but they get along great. absolutely no aggressive behavior, and the tiger barbs aren't small. the smaller nice fish are kinda large for what they are, and i'm glad they haven't been picked on.

will a smallish chiclid be ok if there is a pack of tiger barbs?

the tank is 45 gal, hex shaped.

schiejr

AC Members
Mar 18, 2004
Madison, WI
Visit site
I once kept a school of tiger barbs with a group of brichardi in a 29gal. They did well together until pair formation/breeding started then I had to rescue the barbs.

Many of the smaller, less agressive cichlids do ok in a community type setting. A.curviceps(I think Laetacara now), Keyhole, Festivum, Checkerboard. Did you have anything in mind?

Gunn

AC Members
Feb 5, 2004
Kelowna, BC
members.cardomain.com
I have a bolivian ram in a 20g with 4 very small tiger barbs, 2 danio and a platy and they all get along fine. The ram is somewhat the boss, but he just stays in his own corner, and all the other fish just swim away from him if he starts to get aggressive. He never chases them though... just nips at them if they get in his space.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store