What sort of relationships have you retained?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
I was just thinking to myself how great some of the people I've met here are and how great it would be to find someone that lived close to me to talk about the hobby with or maybe even trade fish and equipment. Even some people would be great to text back and forth with to ask questions or get walked through how to do something such as dirting a tank or revealing one. Even something as simple as sending a text saying "oh man I just found this new fish that the store marked wrong and I got it for super cheap" and having someone be excited for you. Granted most of that can be achieved through the forum itself. I'm just talking a bit more personal

So what sort of lasting relationships have you retained through this forum or others like it, if any? Any lasting friendships or business relationships?

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
What made me think of this is the difference between this forum and others I've been on. I just started frequenting forums about 6-8 months ago. Mostly a video game website where I answered questions and helped people troubleshoot. Then I got into the fish hobby and I've joined a few forums including MFK. Between every forum I've ever visited there's something a bit different about this one. It's like a close knit group but still very accepting of newcomers. It's a very welcoming feeling

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
That's really cool. I thought about making a thread with the intention of it getting stickied for people to post their general location and try and find others nearby

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Location is listed under your avatar
Oh I know that but not everyone uses it plus if people posted their location in a thread the search can be used and all that to make people in your location easier to find than just getting lucky and finding someone that lives close when you see a post they made in another thread XD

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the Monster Aquaria Network app

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I am FB friends with some people, but that's it. There is an awesome vendor on here (Msjinkzd) who is exactly what I want in a supplier, so I've been fortunate to find her! She is a great person and an inspiration to anyone who's ever wanted to make keeping fish into a small business.

I haven't met anyone in person. I suppose it would be different if I lived in a bigger city. I know some of the people from NYC get together, probably other areas too but it seems like that's the most frequently mentioned.

Personally, I'm super lazy when it comes to driving in traffic. I won't drive 30 miles into the next town over to shop at the Whole Foods, even though that's about my favorite store in the world, so it's no surprise that I won't go to Orlando (2 hours away) or a suburb of it, which is where most of the people are. No FW fish clubs around here for me...there is a Reef club. I feel like I would definitely attend clubs if I could find something that wasn't koi or saltwater, which just don't interest me.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I have people on here that I am Facebook friends with, a few I text, and one I'd consider a very close friend.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
theres barely anybody near me. i think there are 2 people on here near me. maybe a couple more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store