who's got congo tetras?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snakeskinner

AC Members
Dec 27, 2003
Oklahoma
www.okcaa.org
I picked up a 29 gallon tank this weekend and set it up to transfer our m/f pair of congo tetras into. we also have a trio of dwarf gourami's that have been along with them and I think we'll get an angel as an addition. My question to those who have congos is what other fish do you have with them? I've heard mixed advice from LFS employees and I found out already that small fin nippers aren't a good idea, luckily I was watching them when the barbs started to nip so they got pulled and put in the 10 gallon before any damage has been done. We planted the back and sides of the tank so they'd have some cover. they had always been scared in the 10 gallon, staying hidden in the back corner most of the time. I thought the larger home would make them feel better but it doesn't seem to have had an effect on them. I thought maybe a small school of faster moving fish might tempt them out into the open. We are thinking a few rainbows of one type or another. I like the celebese rainbows and they don't seem to get a big as the other rainbows can. The LFS where we bought them has a display tank with 2 congos and they have a few larger tetras (blackskirt, serpae, emporer) and did have a large rainbow but it evidently died before our last trip because it was gone. Anyway, enough rambling, what do you have with your congos? Kyle

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store