10 Gallon Shrimp Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JoeeStacks

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Pacifica, CA
Real Name
Joey Nguyen
The tank is in its 2nd week of cycling and should be ready to add shrimp/ fish in this weekend. I am shooting for some RCS or OEBTs. I am also looking for some rock to do a iwagumi scape and adding more plants in sometime this week. Its in the process of making a carpet of HC. No CO2 and high lighting. I am going to switch out the filter to an internal one with a spray bar sometime this week or next.
SAM_0260.JPGSAM_0261.JPGSAM_0265.JPGSAM_0266.JPGSAM_0268.JPGSAM_0270.JPGSAM_0271.JPG

SAM_0260.JPG SAM_0261.JPG SAM_0265.JPG SAM_0266.JPG SAM_0268.JPG SAM_0270.JPG SAM_0271.JPG

JoeeStacks

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Pacifica, CA
Real Name
Joey Nguyen
SAM_0273.JPG
Anybody know what this white thing is? Its been growing on my sand and every time I vac it out it seems to just keep coming back. Its white and it grows on the sand and when I vac it, it sticks to the sand so I have to pull out some sand with it.

SAM_0273.JPG

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
Oh you know just some shrimp eaters. just kidding. I was thinking of maybe some neon tetras or a nice betta.
I would not put neon tetras or betta in a new shrimp tank. Wait till your shrimp population is up first. Shrimps can be pricey. You can add cory catfish. They really help move the water on the sand and don't eat shrimp. I use my shrimp tank as a fry grow out tank only.

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
I am not sure but white things might be dead algae. I clean my drift wood with hair algae with hot water. The hair algae die and turns white.

JoeeStacks

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Pacifica, CA
Real Name
Joey Nguyen
I am not sure but white things might be dead algae. I clean my drift wood with hair algae with hot water. The hair algae die and turns white.
The algae just grows as is. It was not a previous color. I am going to attempt to switch out my play sand to either eco or black sand this weekend.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store