brain aneurysm :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
my aunt had a brain anarism this morning... and the pressure put her into a coma, whats the chances of survival if shes in a coma? worried... wishing my aunt the best of luck! the docs said she could wake up in 1 to 3 days.. but if her brain put her into a coma, i am worried that she may be in a vegitated state for a while :(

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
From checking VERY quickly it looks like a 10-30% chance of survival. Higher chance if she wakes up earlier and an even higher chance the younger she is. I wish you the best of luck and hope it goes alright. I've dealt with watching my mom almost die multiple times and live. She's one hell of a fighter. Keep your chin up about it. I know how devastating it can be but there's nothing definite yet and you never know what could happen. I've seen some amazing examples of recovery from someone having 9 strokes in a matter of years and fully recovering to someone spewing blood everywhere from an internal bleed and fully recovering.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Each stroke is different and the amount of damage can vary widely. There is no way to be able to second guess what the doctors will say. Being in a coma right now is a good thing. Extended comas, on the other hand are not so good. While in a coma her brain will have a chance to heal but it really depends on how much damage has taken place. No one on this forum can give you any advice as good as what her doctors can give you. Chances for recovery can range from 1% to 99% as there are many factors that have to be considered and there is no such thing as average. You really need to talk to your family members about this.

Having an aneurism is often more lethal than certain clot type strokes are. Make no mistake about it, either one can kill. You might say it depends on how lucky the person is. Factors that determine survivability include location of aneurism, how large it was, amount of damage, the person's age and fitness, how quickly medical help was received, etc. The best chance for survival comes in the first 24 hours from the onset. Again, you need to talk to the family.

Best wishes to you and her family.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
thanks all, and ill find out more tomm. they said 1 to 3 days she should be out of the coma.. just hoping she comes out good!

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
Doug excuzzzeme's advice is solid. Please know that my sister also had an aneurism that leaked blood into her brain for three days then causing a stroke. She made it through and is healthy today :) I will be sending good vibes not only your aunt's way but also yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
sorry to hear that LBF.

Last edited by a moderator:

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
my aunt had a brain anarism this morning... and the pressure put her into a coma, whats the chances of survival if shes in a coma? worried... wishing my aunt the best of luck! the docs said she could wake up in 1 to 3 days.. but if her brain put her into a coma, i am worried that she may be in a vegitated state for a while :(
I am really sorry :( I've met and known several people who had cerebral aneurysms and survived, albeit with some difficulties. I hope your aunt will be ok, best wishes to you and your extended family.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store