abscessed spider bit...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
So Friday I woke up with a bump on my left cheek, and thought great I'm getting a pimple. Woke up Saturday to the same bump and a black eye, I attributed the bruise to my boyfriends violent sleeping (he is an Iraqi vet suffering from PTSD and thrashes quite a bit in his sleep) we laughed it off. But by that night my left eye was very swollen. It continued to get worse on Sunday and Monday. By Tuesday I had a lump under my skin 5cmx4cm and couldn't open my eye. I went to the dr and she sliced that bad boy open...holy crap that hurt. A bunch of funk came out and I was sent home with gauze all over my face, looking like the invisable man. She perscribed Bactrim and I have been taking that.

I feel so much more crummy since it was lanced, upset stomach, headache, fatigue, no fever or anything. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Not I but I've seen it a lot. You did the smart thing going to the doc. No telling where that infection could have gone from being in your face (right by your brain and sinus cavities).

Seriously though, if you keep feeling sicker go back to the doc. Sometimes it'll get into the bloodstream, which is usually no big deal because we have immune systems but just keep an eye on it (no pun intended XD )

Good luck!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA

This is it like an hr ago

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
And yes I know my eyebrows are aweful lol

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
And yes I know my eyebrows are aweful lol
Lol just like a girl worrying about eyebrows XD it looks pretty ouchy!

your eyes are an awesome shade of blue by the way

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Yikes, just be glad that thing didn't bite your eye.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
You do have beautiful blue eyes, they remind me of Kurt Cobain's :) (I was Nirvana obsessed back in high school)

I have had some terrible allergic reactions to chigger, ant and mosquito bites with a lot of painful swelling, heat and redness, but never a spider bite like that with pus and what not. I have never been prescribed antibiotics for them, but have taken over the counter anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine medication as well as natural cures.

I know it's hard to believe, but there are actually some very powerful natural antibiotics which can work well in instances like these. The best part is they can compliment conventional antibiotics and will only help, not harm. Your body definitely seems compromised due to having to expend a lot of resources fighting this infection. I usually take turmeric (an ancient cure...it's not just used to flavor mustard!) and oil of oregano. These have helped me through a lot of borderline situations where I chose not to go to the doctor (I have no health insurance...although perhaps that will change under the reform law).

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I experienced a brown recluse bite and I will agree the pain intensified exponentially when the blister that forms over the bite was lanced. I am just thankful that it wasn't closer to your eye. I am sure that it will start to get better now with the meds, I would prepare myself for a few days of pain, the recluse bite the pain lasted several months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store