The end may be near for my AC experience

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I LOVE this community and have been a member here for several years. I have made some relationships that I hold dear through this board and have learned more (and forgotten some) than I ever dreamed when I first came here; however, I have noticed a nasty turn to things as of late. It seems many members here have forgotten that we are a community, albeit an online community a community none the less. I know that the members here are known for their tell it like it is attitude, and attitude I appreciate and display myself but to simply be cruel to someone for absolutely no reason other than to be cruel is simply not what a community member of any community should do. I shall go no further than this but I fear this community may be going the way of so many others. I ask you AC not where is the love but instead where is the respect!!!!!!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Some of the nastiness has certainly been quite high lately and reflects poorly on the way the site has been running. I try to ignore it but sometimes...................

If you decide to leave, I hope we can still stay in touch.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
It is exactly this same reason that I rarely go to Simplydiscus anymore. Well said petluvr!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
i have felt like leaving here a few times, but this site is like a 2nd family to me..... been here since 05 or 06.. so i just ignore all the negitive comments.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Thank you for your post. I think the problem is limited to just a few people, but I agree it gets old.

We should really stop and ask, why? I chalk it up to cynicism being on the rise, the whole "it's cool to hate" attitude that FB seems to have fostered with tons of negative (not just snarky) comments on every viral photo, and some people having just been here too long. To remedy that last one, maybe we just need more moderators to freshen up the mix? There are some people I would definitely recommend, such as Josh (pappy) who is always polite and civil...and still witty and clever.

Last edited:

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Also, when's the last time someone got banned for inappropriate behavior? I think using foul language conversationally (the censor on here is ridiculous, it censors words that elementary school kids can use without reproach) is hardly a ban worthy offense compared to being consistently rude and hateful, stirring up arguments needlessly...(what I would consider trolling in the classical sense)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store