do you use AC in your house or no?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
i dont in my apt, and it stays at average about 82 to 86 :) i LOVE the heat! :) and so does my fish :) no heater and they stay around 80 to 84.. got good circulation in my tanks and all. so nothing to worry on that.. so what do you keep your house temp around?

serion

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
Indiana
Yup we have central air. Thermostat stay set on 74 in summer and 68 in winter. I have a 200w heater in my 55g and my temps stay steady at 78.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
My fish room is very unregulated since it's a converted garage and not insulated and climate controlled like living space. Temps will reach the mid 90s, and 3 or 4 days of temps in that range will have my water temps almost that high. In the winter room & water temps go into the low 50s. I try not to run AC but I keep room temp in the house no higher than 80. In the winter the temps will vary a bit since I heat almost exclusively with wood.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009

Haywood Jablome

AC Members
May 26, 2012
We have AC, but my wife is an AC Nazi. She keeps it at 79-80 degrees. I don't see the point, but she thinks she's saving us loads of money.

This does have me worried about some of my fish though. I have been keeping my CPD's at 75, but now tank has been running around 81 for the past few weeks.

No appearance of stress yet. I hope this echoes the natural habitat, and in their summers the water reaches 80+ degrees.
sent from my p.o.s. HTC EVO using the Monster AquariaNetwork App

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
When my mom isnt looking i change it. I put it from 76 to 78. In reality that means the house will generally get to that temp. a few rooms will be cooler than that and the others will be hotter than that. My room is around 82 to 86 at any given time when the the thermostat thinks it is 76. I am almost to the point that i would re program the thermostat or buy an air conditioner for my room. I have a fan but it doesnt do squat unless you are standing directly under it. Funy how the ac never gets the temp correct but in the winter the furnace always gets to 68 on the dot.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
my house has to be 75 or below.
Same here and that is pushing it. I usually have the central air set at 71-72 in the summer and 66 in the winter (that's a lie. I would have it set that low but the girls get cold so it is at about 68-69)

I hate heat. I mean really just can't even stand it in the 80's almost. Once it hits 90 I just don't go outside. I prefer it to be as cold as possible because I can always warm up with a blanket or hoodie but I can't cool down easily at all. My normal body temp is over 95.5 too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store