First new additions in ages..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fineexampl

noob
Feb 21, 2009
Mount Laurel, NJ
I upgraded about a month ago to my 46gal tank. Added some new plants and have a few hiding places, so it's time to stock some more.

I finally got myself together and brought home 2 new baby bristlenose! One is a high fin and the other is an albino. Got them aclimating now and cant wait to get then in the tank! LFS had no larger ones, but that's fine, i want to raise them up myself. Anyhow, first pic on it's way.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1340498980.305905.jpg

fineexampl

noob
Feb 21, 2009
Mount Laurel, NJ
Finally got them in and they seem comfy. The little piebald one is very shy, but found some nice dark spots to lay low. Both have found a nice supply of algae to munch on and seem happy. The black spotted one is the most active of the two, but equally shy. I love getting new fish, but i've been researching these guys for months now and couldn't be happier.

PS: Does anyone know what the whitish bumps are on my baby crypt in these shots??

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1340506550.282547.jpg ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1340506579.841971.jpg ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1340506594.068478.jpg ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1340506609.954572.jpg

fineexampl

noob
Feb 21, 2009
Mount Laurel, NJ
maybe someone else will chime in.

i'm just happy with the new additions. they must starve the poor things at the shop. these guys have not slowed eating one minute. so active, too!

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
The "bumps" on the plant appear to be nerite eggs, they will not hatch. That to me appears to be an anubias and not a crytp. (azfelii perhaps) but I may be wrong. Also the "albino" is not albino at all, it is in fact what is referred to as calico. Nice looking fish though :)

fineexampl

noob
Feb 21, 2009
Mount Laurel, NJ
The "bumps" on the plant appear to be nerite eggs, they will not hatch. That to me appears to be an anubias and not a crytp. (azfelii perhaps) but I may be wrong. Also the "albino" is not albino at all, it is in fact what is referred to as calico. Nice looking fish though :)
yes, the calico/piebald was realized after purchase, but i bought for looks/price and not as much variant. I got a buy 1, get 1 half off at my not-so-LFS and paid the lesser price, so no complaints here.

As for the eggs, i had a hunch they were eggs, but first time i'm seeing them so wanted to ask. While it does look like anubias, i don't have a single anubias in the bunch. it is most definitely crypt, or Bob/mgamer made an error.

Still, thanks for the info! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store