yellow stone becoming active?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
was talking to some friends that are geo ( somthing ) scientist, and they said that this is a first warning. and if yellow stone did blow, earth as we know it, all humanity and animals would become extict around the world.. true, ex?

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
Former geologist here. The whole thing about Yellowstone is it being unpredictable . any seismic activity could mark the beginning of it. But whether it would all blow at once is also unkown. If worst case scenario and we have a full Mega eruption it would impact the whole world. Ash fallout etc ash and the various gases would cool our climate temporarily and probably kill much of the heartland crops. The closer to Yellowstone the worse off you are. Google Yellowstone fallout maps

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
If Yellowstone went off at this point in time (which is likely due to it being overdue for an eruption) civilization would collapse, and humans would like cause a mass extinction by starting wars over dwinling resources (food mostly) that would be very rare due to the ash cloud blocking sunlight and preventing growing seasons. It would also be liable to start another Ice Age.

My thoughts on it are as follows: what do I care? I can't stop the volcano from erupting, so why worry about it? When it happens, it happens, and we get to see something no creature/plant alive today has seen before (dead creatures/plants excluded). I'll just enjoy myself until it happens :)

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
It isn't as dire as many seem to think. Yes, it will be cataclysmic, but it won't be a near extinction event. Since it is a caldera and not a dome, it won't be quite like Mt St Helens. I expect the physical damage to be contained within the caldera but even then, the loss of wildlife will be phenomenal. As far as the impact of the ash cloud goes, I am sure there will be repercussions from it. How bad is anyone's guess.

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
was talking to some friends that are geo ( somthing ) scientist, and they said that this is a first warning. and if yellow stone did blow, earth as we know it, all humanity and animals would become extict around the world.. true, ex?
Absolutely not true.

Yellowstone has erupted many times in the past, and none of those eruptions have wiped out life as we know it. We, as North Americans, would have a really bad few years and many of us would die, but we'd survive as a species.

btw, the word you were looking for was Geostrologer :)

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
If Yellowstone went off at this point in time (which is likely due to it being overdue for an eruption) civilization would collapse, and humans would like cause a mass extinction by starting wars over dwinling resources (food mostly) that would be very rare due to the ash cloud blocking sunlight and preventing growing seasons. It would also be liable to start another Ice Age.

My thoughts on it are as follows: what do I care? I can't stop the volcano from erupting, so why worry about it? When it happens, it happens, and we get to see something no creature/plant alive today has seen before (dead creatures/plants excluded). I'll just enjoy myself until it happens :)
Well Travis if it does happen, the more folks who think like you, the easier it gets for those who think like me!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Sub, enjoy worrying about things that can't be changed. If you want to know where your fingernails went, you chewed them off in fear of <insert one of ten billion disasters here>. :D

Duck Tape! Thats how we can solve it, just duck tape the entire thing over :dance:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store