Fish Behavior

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NY Detailer

AC Members
Mar 2, 2004
www.NYPerfectDetailing.com
Ok, I noticed something with my fish.

My larger rainbow, who is the biggest in the tank will go after all the other fish that are just a bit smaller them him when the lights go out. he goes after them till they end up in one of the corners of the tank.

For example, he went after the silver dollar, and the silver dollar goes into a corner, then the rainbow leaves him alone. Then the silver dollar comes out of the corner, the rainbow swims up to him and they swim side by side, so close it is like the eyes are touching. then the rainbow makes the silver dollar go back to the corner.

I have noticed one of my other fish a tetra of some kind beat up a little but never saw any fighting, could they be fighting when i go to bed.

any ideas or thoughts
thanks

i am so new to this i am going crazy, but your replies really help me out a lot. I would be lost without this forum.

Brian

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Do you have just one rainbow? If so, that's part of the problem. Rainbows are schooling fish, and can be aggressive by themselves.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store