Hikari food gone bad?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mike4155

AC Members
Feb 15, 2011
Miami
Real Name
Mike "Captain America" Houston
I've had the bag of The floating cichlid gold for almost a month I guess and my two oscars used to much on it like there was no tomorrow. Now they eat like two or three of the pellets and ignore the rest. I do also feed them the occasional blood worms and freeze dried shrimps and they eat all those w/ no problem. Am I dealing w/ two bratty Oscars or is it just that the food has gone bad?

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I'd say they're probably just spoiled...holding out for the better food ;) You can try crushing it up and mixing it with some bloodworms, or maybe adding garlic. I use those garlic oil capsules (sold as supplements) - one capsule's worth of garlic oil is enough for one serving of pellets or flake.

Mike4155

AC Members
Feb 15, 2011
Miami
Real Name
Mike "Captain America" Houston
Thanks @platytudes I'm going to try the garlic thing out. They need a balanced diet! I want them to be healthy! Lmao

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I'd say they are being spoiled like previously stated. you can also buy garlic juice in a bottle to soak the pellets in, it always gets my fish to eat :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store