Bathroom Remodel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Taari

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
When I moved into my appartment, it was in pretty rough shape. My dad is the landlord so he doesn't care what I do within reason. I've already done the kitchen and living room, and now it's on to the bathroom. Originally, the appartment was a 2 bedroom with a tiny bathroom, however, because the previous tenant was in a wheelchair, they opened the bathroom into the second bedroom and made it a very large bathroom with a space for a washer and dryer.

Because of all the space, I've decided that I want to split the space into a laundry room and a bathroom, as well as add a tub instead of the current shower.

Here's the floor plan:

As it sits currently, there is no bathtub, but instead there's a shower stall and no wall dividing the two spaces, other than one framing in the side of the shower which the washer is butted up against.

Here are the before pictures:

Yes, that is carpet on the wall

I started on the back wall because the first step is to move the washer and dryer into the corner.
This is what it looked like after the paneling was pulled off and I scrapped off all the glue

And here's what it looks like this afternoon with paint!

More pics as it progresses!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
..were is the fish tank going?

Taari

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
There will not be a fish tank.

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
Nice. Once on vacation we stayed with friends who had a toilet right in their house. Sure beats that late night run to the outhouse.

Hopefully my wife won't see this thread, as since that vacation, I've been promising to put a fancy flush toilet in our house, too.

Taari

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
Washer and dryer moved into the corner...

And what it looks like as of this evening...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store