Julii cories in a 15

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
How many could be happily housed in a planted 15 with dirt/sand s substrate? Is this really too small?

Sent from my SCH-R930 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
ok. coincidentally.. I have a 20 long currently housing stick bugs. As I finished their new screen house today, this will be my next project. So.. How many in a 20 long? (hint, I have an awesome local source. I WILL have a school of julii.)

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
Well I got five, they are the pygmies. Super cute, tiny! They're in the 15, and seem very happy. Way more active than my other cories.. Which brings me to my next question. I have a single emerald Cory, he was one of the first fish I purchased, before I knew much. I also have a single peppered Cory that came with a tank from craigslist. The peppered is in a tank with kuhlis, so I don't want to add a school there. And the emerald is in a tank that is realistically overstocked at the moment. Can't add there. So will mixed cories be happy in the 20 long? Will they school together? The peppered is fully grown, and much smaller than the emerald. Just over two inches, the emerald is a generous three.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I purchased a mixed group of corys a while back before I knew better and they didn't really school much. I eventually ended up with a few C. aeneus and a single C. elegans. They sort of "hung out" together, but not as much as the single species did.

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
Oh well.. I figured that would just be too easy. After watching the group of julii, I'm starting to feel very sorry for the solo guys. Guess I still need more tanks...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store