feeding shy fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ram_g0p

AC Members
Jun 27, 2012
N. Carolina
Real Name
ramey
I have 25 gal tank with rasboras (7) and cardinal tetras(7). Tank is over 2 month old and cycled. Rasboras have been there for ~3 weeks and just aout 3 days ago added the tetras. While feeding them, the rasboras are active and come up to surface and seem to use most the flakes. That leaves the tetras without much food as they are still shy, getting used to the tank and stay near the bottom. Any advice? Thanks a lot in advance.

------------------------------------
25 gal
rasboras (7)
cardinal tetras (7)

ammonia 0 ppm
nitrite 0 ppm
nitrate ~10 ppm
pH 7-7.5
hardness moderate (~100 kH)

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I'd just give it time. The tetras wont starve anytime soon and eventually they'll get used to the new tank.

I wouldn't worry unless this is still happening like a week or so from now...fish can go a while without food.

You could try feeding the rasboras on one side of the tank and trying to catch the tetras while the rasboras are distracted, if that makes sense.

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Or, you could maybe put some sinking food in there, like frozen brine shrimp. I just got some fish a few days ago, and same thing happened to me. They've begun to figure it out though, and are coming out more and more to find the shrimp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store