Bubblenest ring

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

eth0s

AC Members
Mar 28, 2012
Looking for suggestions for floating bubblenest rings for my Honey Gourami, other than styrofoam. Not only am I concerned about the safety of styrofoam, but I'd also like something that looks better. Curious to know what others have tried. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

eth0s

AC Members
Mar 28, 2012
Can't believe I didn't think of airline tubing... Something custom and interesting would be cool though. But I'm always so worried about which materials to use when building stuff for my tank.

Last edited:

eth0s

AC Members
Mar 28, 2012
So, he's been enjoying the airline tubing ring. I'm starting to wonder what the optimum size is though...? The current one is about 4 inches (10cm) in diameter. I have no idea if that is too big, too small, or just right.

So far he has blown bubbles along the inside edge and the space it makes in the corner, but not the middle of the ring. Makes me think it is too big...or maybe he's still working on it...? I'm not trying to breed him (no female), he just seems to have a lot of fun blowing bubbles.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
although i don't have personal experience with gouramis, i do have plenty of experience with bettas and bubble nests.

they will build their nests where they feel like it, lol. i've put in a floating feeding ring for my previous bettas to aid in their nest building, and have woken up the next morning to a huge nest on the other side of the tank.

don't worry about making the space too big or too small, the fish will build his nest however big and wherever he wants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store