picture time, update, and future

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
so i did some cleaning today and im ready to get my 29g up or so in the next month. but here are some nice pictures i took of haqua and my 20 and 10, rescaped the 20 today, let me know what ya think, i really like it so far, lots of crypts goin, the original crypt fozzy gave me has like been split 5-6 times now. also trying to grow out this sword . ive also prunned the anubias and the ones on the drift wood have filled in nicely. lots of floaters too. i also picked up a little convict that will go in the 29, apparently my friend's dad raises them so he said if i ever changed my mind he had room for him, but i got the guy from petsmart causehe was on sale and really cool and healthy looking:perv:. i was gonnna get one from my friends dad but i decide to grab this guy instead. he should be fine for a few weeks? since he's still small him and the ram havent been fighting or anything like i was kinda worried they would so yay for that. so hes gonna be the star of the 29 along with green tiger barbs. i was thinking a school of maybe 7-9 or less isk how much i can house in the 29, but thats still a few weeks off, im getting the tank with my 1st paycheck and the gear with the second and ill have plenty of seeded media by then. so anyway guys what do ya think? DSCF0886.JPGDSCF0884.JPGDSCF0890.JPG
DSCF0860.JPGDSCF0859.JPGDSCF0867.JPGDSCF0897.JPGDSCF0898.JPGDSCF0878.JPGDSCF0868.JPG

DSCF0886.JPG DSCF0884.JPG DSCF0890.JPG DSCF0859.JPG DSCF0860.JPG DSCF0867.JPG DSCF0868.JPG DSCF0878.JPG DSCF0898.JPG DSCF0897.JPG

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
more pics

DSCF0871.JPG DSCF0861.JPG DSCF0872.JPG

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Lookin good! I like the bigger rocks around the plants, its a nice touch. Hey in the 4th and 5th pic from the bottom what kind of plant is that? I just bought some and I thought they where to be planted...I guess my question is are they suppose to float or does it not matter?

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Green barbs have grown on me...I'm still deciding 29 or 20L, and if I go 29 then smaller green barbs would be my choice!

:cheers:

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
Lookin good! I like the bigger rocks around the plants, its a nice touch. Hey in the 4th and 5th pic from the bottom what kind of plant is that? I just bought some and I thought they where to be planted...I guess my question is are they suppose to float or does it not matter?
you mean in the container with the baby guppies? im not exactly sure what its called , hornswort i think. ad ive seen that it really grows better for me floating, i can never really get it to do well planted, always dies on me, but does great free floating

mpmistr

AC Members
May 21, 2012
Hey what type of plant are those floaters in your tank? They look familiar but I can't seem to put my finger on it..

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
Hey what type of plant are those floaters in your tank? They look familiar but I can't seem to put my finger on it..
dwarf water lettuce. great plants, they grow like weeds, i have to constantly thin them out, too bad its illegal to sell them in ca otherwise i could make a decent amount from the excess i have. im always down to ship it out for free to any who wants to pay shipping costs plus like a buck to cover paypal fees.

mpmistr

AC Members
May 21, 2012
dwarf water lettuce. great plants, they grow like weeds, i have to constantly thin them out, too bad its illegal to sell them in ca otherwise i could make a decent amount from the excess i have. im always down to ship it out for free to any who wants to pay shipping costs plus like a buck to cover paypal fees.
Looks nice I pay put them in the 40g breeder clawed frog tank I am putting together. Does it grow OK with a top on the aquarium? I read some do not.

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
Looks nice I pay put them in the 40g breeder clawed frog tank I am putting together. Does it grow OK with a top on the aquarium? I read some do not.
yeah it grows fine with a top on all my tanks are covered and its never been an issue, this stuff is pretty hearty and grows fast, all i have is cfls on top of my tanks and it grows like crazy. soaks up tons of nutrients too. only downside is you will have to pick some out frequently cause it grows so much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store