10 gallon stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ray1981

AC Members
Mar 24, 2012
Mercedes Texas
I just got a10 gallon tank at petco and was wanting you guys and gals input in stocking. It's going to be a planted tank with soil substrate and gravel cap. I was thinking of a species only tank. I was thinking of some cardinal tetra or a fancy guppy tank. What do you guys think. What do you all prefer and how many can I put in there without over stocking. If anyone has any other fish that would work please let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
Fancy guppies is always nice. A few platties work aswell. Or even a Betta. What kinda filtration you gonna use? Snails make a nice addition as well

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
I've heard Dario Dario fish mentioned lately and they seem really cool. If you're going species only they sound perfect.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the Monster Aquaria Network app

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
If there are no other fishes, you can have up to about 12 neons.

If you go guppies, I would only have about 3 males and 5 females or 8 males.

Ray1981

AC Members
Mar 24, 2012
Mercedes Texas
I've never heard of a dario dario fish. I don't think they sell that fish where I live. I'll have to look into that fish. As far as filtration I'm running a aqueon quiet flow HOB.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I have a pair of American flagfish along with some guppies in my 10 gallon, and a Cory catfish, for a clean up crew I have some large mystery snails.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store