poor quality orange eye blue tiger shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shrimplover789

Registered Member
Jun 29, 2012
I have recently bought orange eye blue tigers. I received 2 light blue and the rest of the 12 but really only 11 were blondes. I treid to make a reveiw but they wont let it go up because it gives them bad feedback. I have bought these shrimp from other breeders same size and when i got them they were all dark blue. I have ask for some of my money back and they dont want to. Has anyone else had problems with alpha and how do i get some of my money back for the low quality shrimp they sent?:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

dubels

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
Post up some pictures. I am interested in OEBT and was considering ordering from them.

How did you pay? If you paid via paypal you can start a dispute resolution. But from their website: "Please note that I'm adding more shrimp to this special, but they will be small and not colored up yet. They should start too show shades of blue in about a month, then some of them will start to get a really dark blue a few months later."

ManEatingShrimp

AC Members
Jan 28, 2012
The same thing happened to me on aquabid for fire yellow shrimp. The seller promised they would color up but here we are 3 months later and they aren't even yellow shrimp. If you do wait don't give them longer than a month.

shrimplover789

Registered Member
Jun 29, 2012
sorry dubels It took so long to reply I bought them from their website. The shrimp are still blondes and only 2 light blue shrimp. i WOULD NOT BUY FROM THEM.

mikhelee

Registered Member
Sep 22, 2012
$7/golfball plus shipping...i can ship it first class since its moss...itll save you some on shipping and the moss will be fine as hearty as it is....pm me if your still interested

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
Sorry just saw this; my two cents: If you pay with a credit card and you do not get what you paid for you can dispute the charges. Show evidence of what you were promised and evidence of what you received. They should have to pay to have them shipped back (if they want them back) and refund all of your money or they should give you what you paid for. Unfortunately I have had to do this before but the credit card company had my back.

azolla

Invertafreak
Feb 26, 2010
Cape Cod, MA
everyone is forgetting the fact that these are usually mass produced in large tanks at a breeding facility. with that said, when the store orders them, they get a bag full of the species, but not every individual will be extra blue. and then they sell out of the tank to a customer who sadly expects every individual to be that way. also, if you get them and breed them, you will get blondes, light blues and the occasional mutant. that is after all how they were created to begin with. look at all the different grades of shrimps out there. someone found a mutation they liked and tried to go with it. but there is no real way to avoid the fact that the genes of the parents truly determine the looks of the offspring.

ro smith

AC Members
Feb 6, 2013
utah
Real Name
ro smith
I might be willing buy the shrimp from you (if you interested in selling) I'm looking to increase my stock of tigers, and would like some different genetics to play with...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store