Mafia Game 102: Assassin In The Palace

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
There was once a peaceful kingdome known as Moroki. This small kingdome was located in a valley with mountains so steep and high that no army could pass through them. Even the clouds were stopped by these mighty peaks. The only way in lie at the valley mouth, alongside the river. That passage too, though, was impenitrable due to a sheer cliff. Only trading caravans and peaceful entities were able to enter past the mighty watergate (which allowed the river's water to be directed anywhere along the road up to the entrence). No army could enter Moroki, no rival could capture it's throne with force alone. The Good King was kind to his people, and so thought he had nothing to fear. However, his rivals elsewhere had long plotted his demise. And so one night an assassin came creeping into the castle, having snuck in with a trading caravan. However, they were descovered by a gaurd, who set the alarm before the assassin could take his life. The Head Guard rushed to the king and swiftly switched the king into a common guard uniform. As they fled, the head guard picked up several others. "We'll hide in the keep tower, no one can take that, nor climb it." the Head Guard said gruffly. The guards and their king rushed into the tower, and barricaded themselves in.

There was a moment of silence as everyone did a head count to make sure everyone had arrived safely, and then they found that there was one head too many! The Head Guard, being a good keeper of the castle, knew each gaurds name and story and face. However, before he could so much as move, the assassin struck out, and the Head Guard toppled to the floor, dead. The remaining guards, having come from scattered positions in the castle, knew nothing of each other. Everyone looked at everyone else, but the only one anybody could make out as a definit friend was the Good King...

SETUP

There are 7 guards, 1 king and 1 assassin. The assassin wins if the king is eliminated, whether or not the assassin still lives. The king and the guards win if the assassin is eliminated and the king still lives. The guards know the identity of the king, but not each other. The king and the assassin have no further information. Please note that this is a nightless setup.

RULES

GENERAL

1. All game mod decisions are final. If you disagree with something, or have a question about the game, feel free to PM me.

2. You may not quote your role PM to prove your innocence.

3. No editing of posts!

4. Special mod powers may not be used by any players possessing site modding privileges!

5. No discussing this game outside of the thread, even if you are dead.

6. Once you're dead, please do not post in the thread.

7. It's just a game. Please, no personal attacks on other players.

- If any player feels they are being personally attacked, please PM me and we can try to resolve the situation.
- Any player who says that they are quitting the game will be killed immediately, and their role revealed.

VOTING

1. To vote to lynch a player, you must say 'I vote to lynch so-and-so,' and BOLD your vote. Votes that are not bolded will NOT be counted.

2. To change your vote, a retraction in bold would be greatly appreciated. In the absence of a retraction, the new vote will still count, but as stated previoiusly, A RETRACTION IN BOLD WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

3. This game will be different, in that a player will need to receive a MAJORITY of the votes in order to be lynched.

4. It is not the plan to deadline lynch cycles in this game. Any player will be lynched upon receiving a majority of votes.

- To keep the game moving, if it takes longer than 48 hours between lynch cycles, a deadline will be imposed. If at the time of the deadline, no player receives a majority of the votes, the player with the most votes will be lynched. Any tie vote will result in a coin flip, and the loser will be lynched.

UNTIMELY DEATHS

1. As players will need to receive a majority of votes in order to be lynched, and lynch cycles will likely not be deadlined, some players may not vote during a given lynch cycle. This will NOT result in an UNTIMELY DEATH (UD).

2. Any player with 48 hours or more between posts will die an untimely death.

DAY AND TWILIGHT

1. During the Day phase, players will discuss and vote until a player has been lynched.

2. Once the vote required to reach a majority has been cast, that person is dead. Unvoting will not undo the lynch.

3. Please note that this is a nightless setup. There is a Twilight Phase. Players are still allowed to discuss, but votes will be ignored. The Twilight phase has an indeterminate length of time, as it is simply the length of time between the actual lynching vote, and the death scene. Please note that any votes, lynches, self-revelations and other shenanigans in Twilight are NOT OFFICIAL UNLESS THEY ARE CONFIRMED BY THE MOD.

Do Not Post Until I Say Game On!

Last edited:

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Players:

JM
Rich
LG
Lab
ninja

AAF

*Un and Dawg were not counted as playing due to it not being confirmed in the sign up thread. Sorry.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
PMs have been sent out to all those in the game. When someone gets a majority vote, nightfall will occure.

A note: since this is a little of an unexpected start, there will be no risk of UD until your first post.

Been too long since I last saw these words...

Game On!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I copied this game right from Mads game of it, hence the different numbers. Note to self: proofread :)

Pappy, I ALMOST added you but never saw a "I'm In" post and didn't want to give you a role then find out you weren't playing. I can scramble the roles (takes ten seconds) if you really wanna play.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
I would like in too if it isn't too late.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the Monster Aquaria Network app

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
:popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store