Product

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Has anyone here ever had an acne product work or know someone that had one work? I feel like I have tried everything even like 8 different things the doctor has given me and I can not get rid of this acne. Years of trying products that didnt work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Milk of magnesa (sp?) put it on before you go to bed.

Sent from my Droid using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Taari

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
I put Witch Hazel on my face. You can get it in the cosmetic aisle, it looks like rubbing alcohol, but isn't. If you want to give it a boost, mix equal parts witch hazel and torn up green cabbage leaves in a blender and a little lemon zest (the yellow part of the peel, not the white part), and mix it in a blender. Strain it (I use a knee-high ladies nylon stocking stretched over a glass) and apply to your face twice a day after washing it. Changing your soap can help to. Neutrogena makes a cleanser with salycilic acid in it (not sure I spelled that right) and it worked pretty good for me.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Beer.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Profuse amounts.....

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
i only had bad acne for a year or so in highschool, the soaps helped, but what worked the best was changing diets. no fast food or candy, fruits and fish, and fish oil supplements along with washing my face at night. it worked for me, havent had any really since, maybe an occasional zit but usually small and goes away in a day or so.

dbosman

AC Members
Dec 5, 2010
East Lansing, MI USA
My father had adult acne, mostly not on his face. When he cut eggs from his breakfast options, it went away.
My sister, as a Physicians Assistant, took a daily antibiotic for about two years, to clear up hers. No scaring.
Good luck.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i am 31 years old and still struggle with acne. the doctor that gave me an acne prescription once in my teens said 'you'll grow out of it'. yeah........ not. i do have to say my skin isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. grade 9 was the worst - i had other kids in school that didn't even know me calling me 'chicken pox girl'.

don't wear makeup (foundation, concealer, etc). this stuff just clogs up the pores and makes acne worse. even those 'non clogging, hypoallergenic, etc' makeups are bad for your skin - trust me, i tried every single one when i was younger, in an effort to hide the zits.

salicylic acid and hydrogen peroxide never worked for me. those are the two main ingredients in most acne treatments available over the counter. both aggravated my acne and made it worse. nowadays i will occassionaly give my face a swipe with hydrogen peroxide on a makeup pad, and it helps to tone my skin, but i only do that every couple weeks or less.

tea tree oil works if your skin is not already oily. i found it didn't work at all on my face.

what works best for me is just to use a dove soap bar on my face once a day, and exfoliate once a week (with either st. ives apricot scrub or a plastic shower poofy with the dove bar soap). splashing my face with cold water throughout the day when it is humid helps my pores to stay clean and keeps them closed up more (i have very visible facial pores, yay). my acne definitely gets worse in the warmer months, that's for sure. winter isn't too bad, as our winters are dry up here, and it almost gets to the point where i have to use moisturizer in the winter, if i'm outside a lot.

don't overwash, as this will aggravate your skin to produce more oil and your pores to produce more sebum (this is the stuff that causes zits), producing more acne. once a day with soap, and clear cold water splashes should help. exfoliate with a gentle product, and if you find an acne product that works well, only use it once a day, as overuse can cause your skin to produce more oil, and your pores to produce more sebum, to 'protect' itself.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Thanks for the help guys (and gals) that actually had good responses!

Really RB? I cant have a word in all * (for all anyone knows it could have said crap) but you can reccomend profuse amounts of beer?
First off, I am 16.

Secondly, what if our younger members (2 of them now?) saw that?
:rofl:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store