Quick Help Please!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Entold

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
I have a smooth soft-shelled turtle whos still pretty small. I wanted to add something to my tank with him and my friends parrot fish and red devil just had fry so he offered to give me a couple for free! Would the turtle and the fish be okay together? Im very worried about the turtle, as long as he is okay because he wont really bother them. Thanks for the help!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I'm sure the turtle would appreciate the snack

Sent from my Droid using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chickenlady

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
There is a small collage in my town that has a really nice pond with a fountain. They had some wonderful koi and goldfish until someone donated a small turtle to them. Within a couple of months the turtle had eaten every fish they had.

Entold

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
Alright well Im going to take 3 of the fry. They are 2"-3" right now if the turtle hurts them I will remove them but the turtle is the one Im worried about.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
The natural food of soft-shell turtles===fish.

Entold

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
Well at anypoint of their life will they attack my turtle? I can always put them in another tank until they are bigger. The turtle is a nice turtle, Ive had kuhli loaches, pleco's and gourami's with him.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
I'd put money on the turtle making a meal out of the fry long before they're big enough to do any damage to him.

But if kept in separate tanks until they were all big, who knows? I don't know enough about how cichlids generally react with turtles & vice versa.

There's other things to consider besides just whether or not they'll eat each other though. What size tank are they all going in? Or what sizes, if you use 2? Those cichlids will eventually need a large (55-75g+ or so) tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store