My Salvini Breeding Pair

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gold8165

AC Members
Sep 20, 2011
Yes the one with more red is female.The male has colored up even more since that vid.His yellow looks closer to her color now.They are aggressive towards other fish during spawning.I removed all the other fish from that tank.Some are even aggressive towards their spawning partner (some have had pairs that kill one another) but so far they haven't been real aggressive with each other.Compared to jacks or greens i would prob say its just according to the fish as each fish is different just as people are.Btw the fry is free swimming now.Just a guess but looks to be about 150 fry and both the parents are doing good with the fry.

japbart

AC Members
Jun 9, 2012
I have a pair too. They've been doing that tail wagging thing. It's just weird that both of them show very little red on the belly and I mean little. It's just like spots of red. But I see the breeding tube start to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Gold8165

AC Members
Sep 20, 2011
Its easy to sex salvinis once they grow to about 2 and a half inches.The female will have black in top fin (dorsal fin).

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I had a pair a few years back. Salvinis are easily one of my all time favs. Awesome fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store