Convicts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mrgolf

AC Members
Jan 27, 2008
Hey all,

Just had a question about Convicts. I have my second breeding pair and recently they bred. The fry are a week or so old and a day or 2 ago it seems the female quit caring for them. Yesterday there were only 5-10 left and the male was "sort of" hanging out with them and this morning there are a few swimming around on their own (it appears). This is the first batch for this pair but the male had several batches with a female he ultimately killed and it happened a time or 2 with the first female as well. I was wondering what would cause this behavior and if it was normal or anything about the tank or its conditions that might cause this.

I have given several young convicts that made it to the LFS but this is the 2nd or 3rd time this similar behavior has occurred.

Any thoughts?

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
its Friday..people are out enjoying the summer ..soo let ppl see your post a bit :p

as for your cons

it sounds strange, my cons breed like bunnies and are extremely good parents ..they will attack and kill anything near.

what size tank do you have them in?
decorations?
what is your filtration?
cleaning schedule?
tank mates?

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Sounds symptomatic of too small a tank.

You expected an answer on a Friday within 6 hrs? I hope you are kidding. At 3:30 I was working on the yard and then had company show up in the middle of it that was not expected, and in the meantime my wife didn't get home from work until after 9pm then there was dinner, finish up with company and then try to relax with some "me" time. It is 12:30 a.m. and I am just now getting to check the boards. And I'm home all day!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store