Any fellow otaku on here?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Faerietales

Registered Member
Jul 6, 2012
Especially fujoshi :3

Also, Okami fans (though that's a game...).

Have you guys ever named a fish or other pet after a favorite character? If so, which one and why?

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Ok, I will confess: I had a group of crystal red shrimp I called Sesshomaru, Miroku, Sango and Shippo (a very small shrimp of uncertain gender.) After awhile I couldn't tell the latter three apart any more so the habit fell into disuse.

yeah, Inuyasha geek here. :)

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Haha I love inuyasha. I'm into anime a lot but not to the level most would accept. I watch it but I usually watch stuff that has been dubbed (I actually just finished watching every episode of inuyahsa and am now deciding between Claymore, Vampire Knight, Soul Eater, and Ghost in the Shell and I have every episode of each of them right now)

I can only name fish that I can tell apart so I have some named, most not. I have thought about character or game names for some of them but I haven't stuck with any yet because my fish names are usually very simple, organic names. For example, I have an angel larger than the rest who thinks she's the queen of the tank, after I said that a few time his/her name became queenie. I also have a dwarf puffer that's small and having a hard time right now, if he survives he will be called Runt

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
I have fish named Inuyasha and Kagome too! My angelfish pair.
Ghost in the shell is pretty good. I like big 'O' a lot, as far as the adult swim stuff goes.
Sent from my SCH-R930 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Oh wow I'm inspired. When my angels pair off if it ends up being a gold veil and blue instead of 2 blues I'm totally naming them Kagome and Inuyasha.

Faerietales

Registered Member
Jul 6, 2012
Wow... Lots of Inuyasha fans here. That was my first anime! (well, apart from stuff like Pokemon, which doesn't really count imo)

I'd actually name a fish after an Okami boss that...looks like a fish... But it has to be the right colors!

Though I sorta want to name one Kirara now. Cutest. Character. EVER.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Yeah that demon cat is pretty awesome. Inuyasha was pretty much my first anime tv show but the anime that made me like that stuff was Princess Mononoke. Awesome movie

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Neph, you say you watched every episode...have you see The Final Act? The true last season?

you will have to put up with dubbing but hey after all this time you probably understand more Japanese than you realize. It's on hulu. Start.....here

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Sure have =) i kinda had a problem with it. Tell me if you noticed this too because I may have noticed it more watching everything right in a row but did the characters seem different to you? Almost like there was a new writer for the show? I can't put my finger on it since it's been about a month but it felt like the characters were acting differently. The one I noticed the most was sesshomaru. He wasn't the stoic silent type anymore, he talked more and showed a lot more emotion. It was no big deal or anything but in the first couple episodes I just felt like all the characters weren't the same people I had watched for over 160 episodes up to that point.

I'll check out that Hulu link though because all the downloads I'm doing for every season really eats into my hard drive (I get any movie even while it's still in theatres plus all these shows so I usually only have like 100mb free on my hard drive lol)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store