Anyone have neolamprologus multifaciatus and Lamprologus ocellatus ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gordonw

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
renton, wa
While my tank is getting established i have a little bit of time to figure out where ill be able to get both shell dwellers at the same time. One member mentioned a fish store in san diego that had healthy multis, which is wonderful and they may be able to acquire ocellatus also but i havent called. Im being hopeful that i can find someone slightly more local to myself (im in seal beach, ca 90740) but i can go to surround areas or more inland (hunting/newport/long beach...or inland corona, riverside area) as these are all closer locations. Its close to a 2hour drive for me to SD(give or take depending on traffic) but ill go if i can find no one closer. This is my feeler post, even finding a couple different people within the more local area would be fine. Im not looking to get a huge group of each, just a few of both to start my population....Let me know if you have either or both fish, thank you.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Some vendors here have some good deals on multis...don't know about the oce's though, nor anything local to ya.

:cheers:

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Why not post an ad in the Sales section?

Hopefully these won't be in the same tank?

gordonw

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
renton, wa
Im not ready to purchase the fish just yet, so i didnt think the sales section would be best..just trying to find a source. The plan was to have them housed together, in a 130g tank 6ft long with shell beds on opposite sides of the aquarium separated by rocks in the middle. Other members here ive been talking to said this should work out ok, do you find that this setup will not work?

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
This thread should be in the African Rift Lake Cichlids section. IMO it should work in a setup like the one you described. Check with Pittbull in the African RL Cichlids section.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
You should be fine with a 6 foot tank, I didn't know that from your post. Pittbull knows his Tangs!!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I wish you were closer to me i would hook you up with all the Multi's you could want as for Occei's Aquabid will be your best bet, Atlantis carries them as well, my fish club friends and I, what we do is join in a group order and buy what we want and the shipping is split up between each of us so that damage of expensive shipping is not a burden..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store