Betta ID

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Hey all, I'm back with another question. I decided that I'm turning my 10g from a shrimp tank to a betta tank. For some reason the shrimp just weren't doing well in that tank (but are thriving in 2 bowls I have set up). So I was hoping to find out what kind of betta my new baby is. He has these really pretty black spots on his upper fin and gorgeous color (his colors are brighter now that he's been in there 24 hrs, his body is a gorgeous blue which doesn't show in the pic). Here's a pic and thanks for lookin:

IMG_0880.JPG

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Awesome, thanks :) At first none of the guys at my LFS caught my eye, but then this guy flared his "cheetah spots" (as I call them) on the top fin and I fell in love, now that he's more settled in and coloring up, I love him all the more :D

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Might be a halfmoon mustard gas. Is it double tailed or is that just a rip in the tail? If double tailed, it's a mustard gas double tail. Lovely betta too. I'm sure he will show off his true colors once he gets comfortable in the tank.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Patrick: thanks :) he's really cool and has already warmed up to me and recognizes me
Sora: Poor guy has very clear signs of fin rot from before he got to my LFS guy who treats for that, as far as it being a rip or two tails... good question I'm not really sure. I just looked at him and still can't tell, but I'm leaning toward fin rot/tear... :/ and thanks :) I love him and he has really brightened up, lots of blues and teals in the body that radiate through the fins in streaks now. Based on pics I think you're right about species

Do the fins regrow from fin rot or are his fins stuck like that? I mean he's gorgeous, but it would be great if he regrew a little

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Most of the time, fins will grow back but may just stay how it is. Clean water is good for growing back fins.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store