Convict with rams

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Moribto

AC Members
Jul 11, 2012
I have a 29 gallon fish tank. I would like to put 1 black convict 1 blue ram 1 Bolivian ram and 1 rubber lip pleco will they live together somewhat peacefully or will they just try to kill each other

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Woofy

Registered crazy
Jun 30, 2006
Miami
www.myspace.com
Bad idea. Best is to pic one type of ram and build the tank around it as a centerpiece with compatible tank mates. Convict can also be a center piece but can reach6"+ so a tank upgrade is necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

japbart

AC Members
Jun 9, 2012
I was readin on convicts and they only really become aggressive when they are paired or breeding is that true?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
They're already aggressive and get even MORE aggressive when spawning. A tank that size would be fine for a small pair of cons or 2 of the same sex.

Rams aren't really a good idea cause they like staying at the bottom of the tank, same as cons. With cons being more aggressive than rams I think the chances of the rams dying are pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ownsdaily

AC Members
Jul 18, 2012
MN
Real Name
Trevor
Considering my 2 inch baby convict constantly chases my full grown gbr in my 55 community tank. I'd suggest not doing so.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store