What's your favorite type of angelfish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
I'm thinking about getting another angelfish, but I haven't seen many breeds or know what to look for. So, what in your opinion is the best type of angelfish?

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Right now I have a koi, it gets picked on a lot by other angel though, so I'm getting it a buddy. I like the scalare and altum though.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
P.Altum..no question here
caveat, Altum can be very difficut species to keep and are not recommended unless you are an experienced fish keeper.
nearly all altum are wild caught and come from pristine waters. many have suffered very stressful transportation and may need pre-emptive care.
Low pH water, antibiotics and anti parasite meds are the normal course of action.
but once you have had them for awhile they can be adapted to tap water..mine is slightly acidic and soft so it's a bit easier for me.
they are the largest species of Angelfish and can be quite beautiful. mine are deveopling the 'blue' crest with coloration similar to Discus(on the crest)

Last edited:

BruinsBro1997

AC Members
Dec 12, 2011
California
Real Name
Ben
Marbled kois are one of the best looking angelfish when they're adults, they look amazing. So do the wild type angels. I also like the smokey/chocolate variation of angelfish, but that's just my preference.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Blue angels. I don't know if there are sub genres of blues but the blues are amazing and a close second is iii

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the Monster Aquaria Network app

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
I looked up some pictures of blue angels, and might I say you were all right! They are absolutely gorgeous! I hope I'll be able to find some. Wish me luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store