Loaches Cory's Synodontis and Shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

roland6543

AC Members
Jun 27, 2012
I am trying to sort out my stocking strategy of bottom dwellers and would like to hear from members with actual experience with some of these combinations.

I really like having some critters and currently have about 10 Ghost shrimp. Which of the following families/species are compatible based upon experience?

Yoyo or Zebra loaches
Corys (school of Sterbas, Pandas or Adolfos)
Synadontis petricola school (cuckoo catfish)

I have an extremely well filtered 75 g tank and want two species of bottom dwelling fish in addition to the shrimp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

roland6543

AC Members
Jun 27, 2012
Bump...... anybody?

megoto

AC Members
Mar 26, 2009
Fort Lewis, WA
I had zebra loaches and peppered cories in my 75 the got along great and watching them play around was cool. The loaches would play in there group and the cories would play in there own group. I also had 6 black kuhli's in with them.

roland6543

AC Members
Jun 27, 2012
Did you have shrimp with them? I've been getting feedback that shrimp simply won't work out with loaches.

megoto

AC Members
Mar 26, 2009
Fort Lewis, WA
No I didn't they will eat the shrimp. My son thought it would be cool to put a few ghost shrimp in an they didn't last long at all.

mesto

There's a FISH in the percolator!
Apr 28, 2012
My 3-lined cores leave my amano shrimp alone, which are about the same size as adult ghost shrimp.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
RCS or other neocardinia shrimp may work better, as they can reproduce to offset being eaten. It may still not work out depending on the other tankmates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store