Blue rams, good news and bad news!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

naliel

AC Members
Apr 19, 2009
il
About a week ago a was looking around my local persmart and I saw they were selling blue rams (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi) I bought one and after getting home decided to go back and get another one hoping to get a pair.
As I now always do, I put them in a 10 gl quarantine tank with sand, a few river rocks and some java ferns. Been feeding them frozen blood worms, granules. Water changes 20% every other day.
Well, today I went down stairs to the basement to feed them and OH SURPRISE!!! They have ICK!!!! inmediatly went to get the medicine and add the recomended dose and start looking really close to see how bad they were. A few min passed and I noticed a few "sand grains" on top of one of the rock that are in the right front corner.....mmmmm sand?! Well it turns out they are EGGS!! MY RAMS LAID DOWN EGGS!! So now I am happy that I quarantine my fishes before put them into my main (29 gl) tank,and happy because I think they are a pair (they are really little).
Now I'm just going to do 50% WC every day, keep medicating the tank until ick goes away and I hope the eggs are fertile and the babies are not affected by the desease.
STILL VERY HAPPY THAT IN JUST A WEEK THEY FELT CONFORTABLE ENOUGH TO ....you know.... *whishpering* the babies part. :grinyes:

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
I can't imagine the medication is good for the eggs. But I don't know much about that. I always just wait until the ich parasite passes. It's usually due to stress and should disappear with a little aquarium salt and time. Hope this helped

Sent from my DROID Pro using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

naliel

AC Members
Apr 19, 2009
il
Bad news. They were doing good, dose the tank yesterday morning, fed them (they were eating good) but last night when I went to do a WC found them dead :'(

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store