Polyethylene

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
I'm setting up a new rainwater system and I need some type of glue that actually works lol
have tried Silicone and PVC glues Need something rather thick that will fill a gap. Any suggestions??
Is there a method for telling one type of plastic from another? Would then get the correct glue in the first place lol Thanks gary

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
Have tried that in the past and didn't fill the gaps nor provide any strength.. Are you referring to" great seal"
Thanks gary

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
Went ahead with silicone over the top of the great seal. It bonded very well so will see what happens.lol gary

GOJIRADOR

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
Nothing really sticks to polyethylene thats why it's used for storage containers. From what Ive read the only true way to bond it is by welding. you might have some luck with glue but I doubt it's strength

Sent from my VM670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fineexampl

noob
Feb 21, 2009
Mount Laurel, NJ
Nothing really sticks to polyethylene thats why it's used for storage containers. From what Ive read the only true way to bond it is by welding. you might have some luck with glue but I doubt it's strength

Sent from my VM670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
JB Weld?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
Well the sicone bonded very well over the great seal but the crack expanded so leaking in a new place lol
have tried "gorilla glue" won't fill gaps . Welding is probably might work but obviously my main problem is degradation of the material.
I went ahead and bought a new setup and all the plumbing fits!!
Now I'm left with what to do with a 80 gallon barrel that leaks ?? Thanks very much for all the help!! gary

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store