worms

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

some_guy

AC Members
Mar 22, 2004
maquoketa, IA
Visit site
i feed my fish night crawlers that i get from outside since i love the outdoors and am big on fishing and hunting, anyway there are NO chemicals or pesticides around my yard. would it be safe to feed my fish worms like 1 time every 2 days or even more. i only feed them about 5 to all my fish. i still also feed them their regular food after the worms, just not as much. my oscars will eat them, as will my cons, jd, firemouth, and my barb looooooves them. so how often can i feed them worms. i do not feed them feeders, im trying to get guppies soon, i do not want to take the risk of a disease. thnx.

Cearbhaill

Reads the Gribble Report
Mar 22, 2003
South Florida USA
Visit site
Most folks say you need to purge the earthworms by soaking them in a bucket of water then keeping them in cornmeal, oats, or sterilized soil for 24-48 hours first. Or course you'd rinse again before you feed them. This gives them time to expel all of the waste possible before you add it to your tank.

If you then freeze them they will be much easier to chop up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store