Anyone make a Gourami tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
I'm really liking the look of the gold gourami in my tank. In store...it was just a fish...
I have two Opaline in there, M/F pair and the Gold, I believe it may be a female, not too sure yet.

My Rainbow shark has everyone up in arms, but there is less chasing of gourami vs gourami now. My poor Knife is getting the brunt of it from the shark. But I'm fast to tap the ground/tank to get him to back off. I think he's getting the hint....I've had him for almost 3yrs, but at the same time, my Knife was hard work to get her to eat and grow. So I love them both.

Obviously, the Giant gourami I cannot keep...but all the others that are not 2ft, lol, I'd like to find and add them. Tank is 110g and I'm thinking, like with Cichlids, lots of hiding plus lots of fish, will even the aggression some.

The Opaline are thinking about being friends now, Gold has some chance of being with them, but then they change their fish minds and hound it away.

Tank is way over filtered, planted and 40% changed a week.

Must say I prefer the typical Gourami shape and those 'feeler' arms over the others. Not sure if any of these are repeats or if there are more.

I've only seen the following locally, rest would need to be shipped. Does anyone have the others that they breed/ship?
Opaline
Gold
Dwarf [male only, anyone have females??]
Sunset
Honey
Three Spot
Kissing

Others I know of;
Moonlight
Pearl
Chocolate
Sparkling [Trichopsis pumila]
Thick lipped
Snakeskin
Red
Powder Blue
Banded

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
The Opaline, 3-spot, and Golden is really the same fish. Just different color.

And of course==the Dwarf, Powder Blue, and Red are the same too.

Missing are some I have seen==Pygmy (Trichopsis pumila), Licorice, and CombTail.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
The Opaline, 3-spot, and Golden is really the same fish. Just different color.

And of course==the Dwarf, Powder Blue, and Red are the same too.
Yes, I was on the same lines about them. Glad I wasn't wrong, hah.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store