senegal bichr nipped

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i have 2 senegal bichrs in a 120 gallon and one of them (the one that doesnt come out as much) has a perfect tail while the others (comes out more) back fin is nipped bad. other fish in the tank are 1-kirin parrot, 1-blood parrot, 3-congo tetras (im thinking its these guys bc i cant get them anymore schoolers yet bc id have to special order them), 1-bristlenose pleco.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
Mine was an *ss and tough as nails, I wouldn't worry about it.
But I can't tell if you are asking anything or just telling us about your chewed fish...?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
he was sitting at the top yesterday. might just be bc he was too lazy to get air but could he be dieing from being nipped? i always make sure they get food by putting them in little holes only they can get in to.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
Can you get a pic?
I'd add a bit of salt and keep the water extra clean.
Is there flesh or bone showing? If so, I'd QT him then.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
I believe they might be, but mine could care less...

Then I guess that leaves just very clean water. I'm sure they would be sensitive to meds as well...

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ive got 3 canister filters on the tank and do as big of a water change i can do every week (till my bp can barely swim around).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store