dog bully

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
What to do when you have a dog bully? My unwanted neighbor down the street has a golden mix lab dog (dog bully) that kill my little TeaCup Chihuahua last 3 months ago and also kill another neighbor dog a 2 years ago. Now the dog bully hurted another neighbors dog feet. The dog bully owner are gangster. I just don't really want any trouble with them. I did call the police for advice when my dog died. The police can't do anything cause both dog was loose. My neighbor call the SPCA but I told him not to do anything cause I don't want any gang related problems towards my house. SPCA was going to talk to them and maybe fine them. What good does that do if my dog is gone.

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
If you are not willing to do anything because they are "gangsters" why ask? If I was having the issues you and your neighbors are having you have three choices 1: get the law involved every time the dog gets out. 2: sue for damages 3: do nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KI4WLG

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
North Carolina/South Carolina
As a former police officer, my advice towards you is to either contact the law/animal control every time the dog gets out like fshfanatic has said, or if this neighbor dog is going to continue to cause you problems you can go talk to the owners; you can suffer through it; or you can move. If you want to check yourself legally before calling the law, check your city's ordinances regarding loose dogs. (www.municode.com is an excellent resource).

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
Thanks guys but moving is not a option. I own the house and I have way too many tanks and a pond. Guess I just got to keep an eye on those dogs and keep reporting them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
Most places animal control keeps a record of bite incidents for each licensed dog. Even in situations where there is no clear legal liability (both dogs off leash) numerous incidents involving one dog will (eventually) result in the dog being seized. Of course this doesn't help your dog, but it could help the next one. Like was said above, report report report. If you know who they rent from, it may be worth a call to them. If they're 'gangsters' chances are they will be a lot more annoyed by the constant police contact than you are.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
If the dog has a history of attacking, the Police or SPCA should at the very least quarantine the dog. At least in Jersey they do. However, if no one is reporting any of the incidents, there is no record of the attacks so in the eyes of the law, the dog has never bit anyone or anything. Gangster or not, the dog needs to be controlled or the next to be attacked could be a child. How would everyone feel if that were to happen when it could have been prevented in the first place. My advice, make a report in the very least with your police department.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store