Interested

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Chinchillas, Flying Squirrels, Sugar Gliders, Hedge Hogs, Short-tailed Possoms are a few that come to mind.

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
Awesome! Can I please suggest that you give some serious thought to life expectancy? exotic animals often require a lot of special care and socialization, snag you may beer hard pressed to find anyone both willing and qualified to care for your pet should circumstances change. like college? If your parents wanted to care for a squirrel, wouldn't they have one? And aren't they social?
I'm not trying to discourage you. I love pretty much all animals (except rabbits, long story), and understand the want to keep them. ALL of them.. But small exotics are not easy, and do not fare well in the shelter system. Plus finding a vet with actual experience with these critters can be difficult and expensive.
Sent from my SCH-R930 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
Make sure they are legal to keep in your state.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
And that, too! I just looked it up, flying squirrels live 10 to 12 years. And need a BIG cage. Quite the commitment.
Sent from my SCH-R930 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jrskater1999

AC Members
Jun 3, 2012
Hutto, Texas
Real Name
Joey
Thanks semilla. I have had a ton of hamsters in the past and i have two brothers now. I love spending hours with them and petting and playing with them. They are legal in texas i made sure. I have read a lot about them and the proper care. Im only 13 so college isnt a problem right now

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store