Help Praecox EMERGENCY! Please read!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mantis737

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
Help Praecox EMERGENCY! Help needed ASAP!

I have the tank that is in my signature, go figure.

Water param.

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate unsure

PH- 7.6
78 Degrees

I recently lost a Dwarf Gourami (2 days ago) for no specific reason, no visual disease, just stopped eating, stayed on the bottom and died. Today my Praecox male has been showing similar signs, and has attempted flooracide 3 times. He wont eat and I have moved him into a 5 gallon Q tank. He just stares at the glass in a bottom corner, hardly moves. I have no idea what is affecting my fish! Also I have a Harlequin Raspbora that has some type of small, larger than ick sized white spots on its body. Only one of my 6 that has it and it is the smallest. I feed once a day or every other day a mixture of Brine Shrimp, or Flakes, or Bloodworms. What is going on, I NEED HELP!

Last edited:

JesseJ

You should be dancin'
Jan 22, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
Figure out what that Harlequin has and treat it. Watch carefully for other signs of illness on the other fish. Test the Nitrates. How long has the tank been running? When were the fish added? Have you had any other deaths lately?

Another thing. Rainbows are best when kept in groups. I've got M. Praecox in my 50 G and they didn't seem happy until there was about 6 of them in there. I wouldn't suggest adding more until you find out what is going on though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store