my wolffish and cichlid tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tfrank112

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
Southern California
I've been working on my tank for a bit of time now. My tank is homed to a Purple Wolffish, a Jack Dempsey, and a Jewel Cichlid. They are homed in a 60gallon at the moment and eventually will be moving to a 130 gallon as soon as I can afford it! the JD is about 3 maybe 4 inches long. The Jewel is around 4 to 5 inches. And my wonderful Purple Wolf is at an astonishing 8 inches (he is my pride and joy). All the fish get along very well together and I have never seen any aggression from the wolf on the others unless the JD gets ballsy and pecks at the wolf in his cave haha!

I have a 100gallon hang on filter with a sponge covering the intake tube, a 130gallon sponge filter with an air pump on it, a 40gallon powerhead with a sponge on it and an airline connected, and I have 2 airstones in each corner of the tank. Plenty of filtration and I do not use carbon or anything else to help clean the water. I will eventually get some almond leaves though!

Here are some pics of my setup. If the pictures are bad I will repost with better pictures!!
455.jpg
461.jpg
446.jpg
442.jpg

455.jpg 461.jpg 446.jpg 442.jpg

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
awsome tank, but you do realize, the wolf fish will eat the jewel and the JD within a few months right?

tfrank112

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
Southern California
I originally got the jewel cichlid for it to be food and the wolffish doesnt bother it. I've had them living together for around 6 months and they share a cave together and dont bother each other. I keep the wolf nice and plump feeding it live food (cause thats all it will eat) every 2-3 days. My wolf isnt that aggressive to be honest.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
My Erythrinus was never aggressive either until it reached about 7-8". Then it would take chunks out of fish 3x it's size when it was in a grumpy mood. Just keep an eye on it....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store