L340 FRY

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
I was cleaning one of the 2 AC70 filters I run on my 46 gal BF this AM, and I came across a tiny surprise - 4 little fry (in the filter) !! I knew they had been breeding, but catching them is next to impossible without draining the tank, so I have been letting them stay. I will show you a pic I just took of the tank, and you will know why I don't try to catch many bottom dwelling fry. And can you say - overstocked ? Yes, I know it is, but the tank has been this way for over 3 years and everyone plays nice. And with 340s and sewellia lineolata (who knows what else !) constantly breeding, and no other casualties, someone must be happy ! Have a nice day.

yodafett

AC Members
Oct 15, 2005
Real Name
Ryan
Congrats! And very cool! :)

I had the exact thing happen with a Salt & Pepper Cory. I was cleaning out the filter and thought a piece of food came out into the sink, until it flopped! :) I closed the plunger, picked him up and ran him back to the tank, lol

And I know what you mean about overstocked. I have a 55 that is "overstocked", but I also have it over filtered (Emperor 400 & Penguin 350), and we have regular broods of Corys and Kuhli Loaches without trying or doing anything to help, and the chems are almost always perfect.

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
Nice tank! Cute little guys!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
pretty cool. I had the same thing happen back when I had some Blue Eyed BN's. Granted those breed more freely then any other pleco. Didnt find them until I was doing a WC and saw lil white things move. Pretty nice thing to discover. Congrats on the babies.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
The 340s are not big enuf yet. I do have L400s and L450 fry for sale. PM me if you are interested.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store