Behavior of Whiptail Catfish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Right now I have this striped catfish, and I literally never see him unless I take out all the decorations when cleaning. I'm really get tired of it. So, I wanted to know if whiptail catfish tend to come out more, or if they'll just spend all their time hiding too. Is there any catfish that doesn't hide? Thanks for your help!

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
All have different personalities, I have a royal farowela that is out 100% of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Yea if you have the chance observe them when your buying, I didnt know better but now that I.think about it when I got mine he was on the front glass most of the time I saw him. Now he stays on the glass frequently or on the branches of a piece of driftwood. He also likes to be on larger plant leaves and is pretty agressive to all other fish including my rubber lip pleco and angelfish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ownsdaily

AC Members
Jul 18, 2012
MN
Real Name
Trevor
I have two whiptail catfish and they hide all day, and come out at night. After leaving my lights for for a few minutes if I flick them back on they are normally visable and try to dig a hole in the sand to hide fast.

Sent from my ADR6350 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Haha! I'll have to make sure to observe before I buy a new one then. I love this little guy, I just can't stand to take up tank space with something I can never see! Thanks guys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store